Appointments can be made only with the receptionists, either by calling in at the surgery between 8.00am to 6.00pm or by telephoning the number below any time from 8.30am to 6.00pm
Our Receptionists will take your call between 8:30am and 6:00pm
Extended opening hours
To assist patients who find it difficult to attend appointments during normal opening hours, we are offering some improved access appointments. This is where patients are given the opportunity to book appointments within another GP practice in the area. This offers our patients appointment slots in other GP practices that may be out of our working hours.
Our appointments system has changed to enable better continuity of care for our patients and ensure the appropriate advice or appointment is given.
How this new system will work
- You are now able to book appointments up to four weeks in advance with a GP, practice nurse or Health Care Assistant. These appointments can be made in advance online, by telephone or in person.
- Please note there will be no appointments bookable on the day for the GP
- ALL CALLS from patients phoning on the day will be triaged. Your details will be taken by the receptionist and a clinician will ring you back where the appropriate advice will be given, or if necessary, an appointment made.
- Unfortunately we cannot see walk in patients, these will also have to be triaged. This appointment system will be running every day from 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday. Therefore there is no longer a specific need to ring first thing in the morning.
Our Patient Services team have been trained by the clinicians to ask you suitable questions regarding your condition in order to get the best help for you. Please be prepared to answer these questions from the Reception team.
You do not always have to come to the surgery to have a consultation. We offer telephone consultations with the GPs.
If you wish to speak to a doctor, please be prepared to let the receptionist know a few details, so that the doctor is able to prepare for the call.
If you are too ill to come to the surgery and you require a visit at home, please try to call the surgery before 10.30am. The receptionist will take brief details of your problem so this can be passed to the duty doctor who will prioritise your visit. If transport is an issue for you, please contact Kingscare who may be able to arrange transport to and from the surgery.
You can help us by
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Calling for a home visit before 10:30am
- Ringing for results after 2.30pm
Don’t be a DNA
A DNA is somebody who Did Not Attend a pre booked appointment and did not advise us that they could not attend beforehand. The clinic was ready, the staff were ready but the patient Did Not Attend!
Please let us know if you can not attend your appointment.
Thank you to all the patients who cancelled appointments which were no longer required and for giving us advance notice.