Please remember: You’re not just protecting yourself by having the vaccination – you are protecting your loved ones too. Those most at risk from flu are also most vulnerable to COVID-19.
We currently have appointments bookable on Saturday 18th September and Saturday 30th October between 8:30-12:30 and . We will also have other clinics available.
You can book your appointment using the following methods
- *Now Available* SystmOnline – Click Here
- *Now Available* NHS App –
- *Now Available* URL Link – We will be sending these out over the next few weeks.
- *Now Available* Telephone – (01626 357080) Between 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm. Only call us if you do not have access to the internet.
We will be sending an SMS invite links to all eligible patients which will allow them to book directly into a slot that suits them. We will call any patients with no listed mobile number.
Who is eligible for a flu vaccine?*
- all children aged two to ten (but not eleven years or older) on 31 August 2020
- those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- health and social care staff employed by a registered residential care/nursing home, registered domiciliary care provider, or a voluntary managed hospice provider.
- Those on the shielding list
*It has also been announced by the Government that the eligibility groups for a free NHS flu jab in England and Wales will expand this year to include people aged 50 to 64 and people shielding and those who live with them.
Why should I get vaccinated?
Why should I get vaccinated at The Surgery?
The Surgery knows who could have a vaccine based on their age, health and risks and purchases flu vaccines for you and your family members who fall into these groups. While you may of course make a choice to have a vaccine elsewhere, we hope that you will come to us for a variety of benefits to both you and ourselves. When we vaccinate you against flu we also obtain vital other data that is necessary for your medical record and care. Our aim is to ensure your health and wellbeing at all times not just for the flu season.