2023 Flu Campaign
The surgery will be sending self booking links for all eligible patients.
Patients are also able to call us to make appointments if unable to use the booking link.
Adult Flu Clinics
Saturday 23rd September
Saturday 7th October
8am – 12pm
Child Flu Clinics Slots
Currently not available – We will text eligible parents when we have some vaccine in stock.
Why flu vaccination is important
Flu vaccination is important because, while flu is unpleasant for most people, it can be dangerous and even life threatening for some people, particularly those with certain health conditions.
The best time to have your flu vaccine is in the autumn or early winter before flu starts spreading. But you can get your vaccine later.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
Children aged 2-3 years old can book in with our Practice Nurse for their Nasal Flu, we are awaiting further information.
Why should I get vaccinated at The Surgery?
The Surgery knows who could have a vaccine based on their age, health and risks and purchases flu vaccines for you and your family members who fall into these groups. While you may of course make a choice to have a vaccine elsewhere, we hope that you will come to us for a variety of benefits to both you and ourselves. When we vaccinate you against flu we also obtain vital other data that is necessary for your medical record and care. Our aim is to ensure your health and wellbeing at all times not just for the flu season.
For further information about the flu vaccination please click here